A whole foods, plant-based, allergen-sensitive, gluten-free recipe blog

Caramel Corn Recipe- Free of Refined Sugars and Corn Syryp

This is a recipe from my new book, Good and Easy Eats.  As I’ve been working on the website this week (preparing for the big launch of the book this Saturday!) I decided to add a band of food images to the home page.  I called out to my teenage son, “Which recipe should I have a picture of on the site?” and without pausing he said, “Caramel Corn!”.  So within minutes I bought a lovely little image at istockphoto.com and had it loaded to the site.  It looks really cute.  If you haven’t visited the new site in a little while you might want to check it out www.goodandeasyeats.com.  I’ve added a number of new pages, more information and a couple of reviews.

facebooktwitterpinterestby feather

17 Responses to “Caramel Corn Recipe- Free of Refined Sugars and Corn Syryp”

1. This looks great, Kim! I am off these sweeteners, but I may just have to try subbing or making this for others. Well done!

2. Joyce A. Lenardson says:

Oh, finally a good recipe to replace my unhealthy one, a favorite family treat. I am looking SO forward to the new book.

3. Courtney says:

I can’t wait to try this! Caramel popcorn is a holiday tradition, but one I haven’t kept up due to the corn syrup. Thank you so much!!

4. daisy says:

Congrats on your book!
    Is there another fat that can be substituted for the coconut oil? My boy is sensitive to coconut. Thanks!

5. Kim Wilson says:

I’d love to hear if you come up with a new version!

6. Kim Wilson says:

That’s great. I hope you love it.

7. Kim Wilson says:

You could try palm oil, or if you use dairy, you could use organic butter.

8. Rose says:

Just made this and it’s delicious. Perfect for my sweet tooth and for holiday parties. Never has a treat been so easy to make. I used one T. of molasses and half syrup half honey. It turned out great!

9. Kim Wilson says:

So glad you liked it. I was excited to think that such a small amount of ingredients made such a large batch of sweet treats!

10. Leslie Lenard says:

I tried this recipe and my popcorn wilted down to nothing, am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any advice on this recipe.
    Thanks in advance,
    Leslie

11. Kim Wilson says:

I’m so sorry you had this experience. It sounds like the popcorn had contact with water. The oil and honey shouldn’t cause the popcorn to “wilt”. I’d encourage you to give it another try. I’d love to hear if anyone else has some ideas of what may have happened here.

12. Megan says:

Anyone ever try this recipe with agave? Just wondering if it would work before I attempt it!
    TIA!

13. Kim Wilson says:

No, I haven’t tried this with agave. Agave tends to have a milder flavor, so it might not be quite as tasty.

14. Lisa says:

I just made a similar recipe with agave…it was soggy and not at all caramel corn-ish. I think honey would work better, as I think it likely sugars up better lending to a better texture. That’s how I found this recipe :D Hoping it works better than my last fiasco!

15. Kim Wilson says:

This should work out much better. Let me know how you enjoyed it.

16. Jeff says:

how is this sugar free if it has honey in it

17. Kim Wilson says:

It is free of refined sugars- like white sugar and corn syrup. I will try to clarify this better in the description.